1When you take into account that heating and cooling make up 50-70% of the average energy used in a home, it is very important to make sure your home is properly insulated. Ensuring you have the appropriate level of insulation saves you money.
2Select Insulation has been trusted for over 30 years with assisting builders and community developers to construct energy efficient single family homes and town homes in today’s modern world.
3Spray foam insulation saves money and energy resources by helping to maintain a uniform temperature throughout your house. The amount of energy conserved depends on several factors including: local climate, size and shape of your house, the living habits of your family, and the types of heating and cooling systems you have.
Spray Foam Insulation:
- Is environmentally friendly
- Helps to lessen noise between floors and walls
- Won’t settle, shrink, or sag over time
- Helps to keep out dust and pollen
- Prevents mildew and mold by eliminating moisture
- Increases energy efficiency, saving money on heating and cooling costs
- Improves structure strength
- Is accepted by all major building codes
- Fills gaps and crevices
Importance of R-value:
R-value is defined as the measure of thermal resistance. The higher the number, the greater the buildings’ insulation effectiveness.
- Having good R-value prevents heat loss in the winter
- R-Value also prevents loss of cool air in the summer
- Attics in Minnesota homes should have an R-49 value
- a high enough R-value in conjunction with air sealing that spray foam provides increases comfort at home